As a national charity with a strong local focus, we're embarking on the second phase of our work In Hertfordshire to engage with young people between the ages of 11-18; a successful initiative that introduces our FEARLESS projects into secondary schools (www.fearless.org).
Are you an experienced educational practitioner?
We want to recruit a small team of volunteers who are current or retired educational/youth practitioners, to assist us with teacher and youth leader training and pupil engagement. This exciting role is suited to someone who is energetic and dynamic, has strong presentation skills and the ability to motivate and inspire.
Successful applicants will need to be able to:-
- Attend an informal interview with the Volunteer Chair of Hertfordshire Crimestoppers or their nominated representative
- Attend initial training sessions
- Show a full understanding and enthusiasm for the work and ethos of the charity
- Travel independently around the county
- Organise and lead teacher training and follow-up sessions in schools (term-time only)
- Proactively contact local schools and set up meetings
- Work as part of a team led by one of the Volunteer Board members
- Sign up to the Crimestoppers Volunteer Agreement
Crimestoppers will provide the necessary training and will pay reasonable travel expenses. DBS checks will be organised for successful applicants.
To obtain an application form, please contact: Sue.Thompson@crimestoppers-uk.org