Together we can prevent cycle thefts in Jersey
As the weather improves in Jersey, so too does the desire to cycle rather than drive to work and/or school. With this in mind, Jersey Crimestoppers have produced a Cycle Security Map showing the location of fixed cycle stands across St. Helier.
“Everyone has a role to play to help reduce and prevent the number of cycle thefts in Jersey. With this map, we hope more people will consider cycling into St Helier and make use of a secure stand to park their bike”.
Niall McClure, Volunteer Chair, Jersey Crimestoppers
Take simple cycle security measures
The map also highlights some simple security measures to help prevent cycle theft:
- Use recognisable and secure cycle stands.
- Get your bike security marked and registered.
- Record the details of your bike, e.g. frame number, and take a photo of your bike.
- Lock the frame and both wheels to the cycle parking stand.
- Take parts that are easy to remove with you.
- Use a solid, secure and tested lock.
- Lock it up – even at home.
Give information about cycle crime anonymously
If you have information about stolen bikes in Jersey, please call us anonymously on 0800 555 111 or fill in our Anonymous Online Form. Information that leads to the arrest or charge of those responsible could earn a reward of up to £1,000.
Download Map of Cycle Parking in St Helier