As and when required, the States of Jersey Police issue appeals to the public for information to assist with their investigations.
As an independent charity, Crimestoppers offers a completely anonymous way for members of the public to pass on any information they may have about these appeals, safe in the knowledge that they will never be identified. In fact, in the 28 years that the charity has been running, no one has ever been identified after passing on information to Crimestoppers.
Tell us what you know, not who you are
Perhaps you have information that would help bring an offender to justice? Or maybe you were in the same area at the time of an incident and saw something that could help with their investigations?
If you have information but would like to remain anonymous, for whatever reason, you can call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or pass on information using our Anonymous Online Form.
Some appeals may also contain photographs or CCTV images of people officers would like to identify and speak to in connection with an incident.
Please take a look to see if you recognise anyone. Maybe you know where they live, work or socialise.
The Crimestoppers guarantee
- You will not be asked to reveal your name or any personal details.
- Your call will not be recorded.
- Crimestoppers have no caller line display, no 1471 facility and have never traced a call.
- Online reports are given the same levels of anonymity as phone calls.
- A report is created from the information you give and Crimestoppers' specially trained call agents will check that this report contains no information that might identify you, e.g. if the call is about your neighbour, we won't mention this.
- Crimestoppers call agents do not make a note of gender, accents, apparent age or ethnicity of any caller and cannot pass that detail to law enforcement. Even if you give personal details, those will not be passed on.