You can give information to us on Most Wanted appeals either by calling 0800 555 111 or through the Anonymous Online Form that appears on the right-hand side of every page.
If you call us, it helps if you have noted down the appeal reference number which begins with CS. Alternatively, the police may have provided a direct number you can contact them on if you are willing to give them a statement.
Remember we are not part of the police service - we are an independent charity and we guarantee your anonymity when you give us information about crime.
Before you call us with information about crime, we want to make sure you have all the information you need to make a call. Talking things through helps you provide the full picture and helps us make best use of your information, so before you make the call, we've put together the following points to reassure you:
- The 0800 555 111 number is free and won't show up on a BT or cable phone bill.
- Calls are free from most mobiles on 3, BT Mobile, Fresh, O2, Orange, T-Mobile, Virgin and Vodafone.
- We understand calls will not appear on mobile bills but if you are unsure check with your network.
- You can call us 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Call us when you have time to talk and won't be disturbed.
- We will ask questions about the crime you have information on.
- We won't ask questions about you or who you are.
- We will never attempt to trace or record your call - not even for quality control or monitoring purposes.
- We cannot use 1471 to find your phone number.
- If you want to, you can dial 141 before you call us to block your phone number or use a phone box.
English not your first language?
If you don't speak English or if English is not your first language, you can still give us information anonymously using a translation service. Your call will be answered by someone who speaks English and you will need to tell them which language you speak.
Can I use Skype to call Crimestoppers?
Please don't call us using Skype, or other internet calling services, when you want to give information. This is because we cannot guarantee your anonymity. Other users on your computer may be able to find out that you've called us and your computer could be located through the IP address.
Ensuring your anonymity is vital to us and is for your safety. Instead, call 0800 555 111 or fill out our Anonymous Online Form, which is encrypted so that you cannot be traced.
Give information to Crimestoppers online
You can fill in our Anonymous Online Form to give information. The form itself includes questions to help you tell us everything you know.
Your information is sent to us over a secure internet connection which makes sure you, and your computer, are anonymous. We take out any information that could identify you before forwarding it to the relevant authorities.