Independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers is offering a reward of up to £3,000 for information on a brutal un-provoked attack by two men in Birmingham.
The victim, who doesn’t want to be named, was attacked when walking home from a party outside the Bordesley Green Surgery on Bordesley Green Road at 1.10am on Sunday 15th December. The 51-year-old was knocked unconscious by one of his attackers and robbed while another repeatedly kicked him about the head.
More than a dozen cars drove past without stopping.
The victim suffered extensive cuts to his face and head, and more cuts and bruising to his body. He is also having to deal with the psychological impact of the assault.
Crimestoppers is offering a reward of up to £3,000 for information passed to the charity’s 0800 555 111 number that leads to the arrest and conviction of both offenders responsible for this crime.
West Midlands Regional Manager, Pauline Hadley, said: “This was a particularly nasty attack. These people need to be apprehended and held responsible for this horrific crime. Crimestoppers would urge anyone with information to contact the charity anonymously.”
If you have any information on this incident please contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through our anonymous online form.
*Note: Rewards will only be payable for information passed to Crimestoppers’ 0800 555 111 number. Information passed to police will not qualify.
For more information please contact Crimestoppers Media Officer Fiona Murton-Taylor on 0208 835 3752 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors
- This reward is should not be published after 04 March 2014. Please contact the press office for updates after this date.
- Crimestoppers is an independent charity which helps the police to solve crimes, making communities safer. It does this by operating the 24/7 telephone number 0800 555 111 which people can ring to pass on information about crimes anonymously. They can also use our ‘giving information’ form via our website www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- Around 20 people are arrested and charged every day as a result of information given to Crimestoppers.
- Since Crimestoppers began in 1988, it has received over a million actionable calls, resulting in over 126,000 arrests and charges. Over £127 million worth of goods has been recovered and over £301 million worth of drugs has been seized.
- In 2005, Crimestoppers launched the UK’s Most Wanted on its website which allows the public to view images of criminals and pass on vital information about their whereabouts. It has been highly successful with over 2,600 arrests to date.
- Crimestoppers UK was founded by Lord Ashcroft, KCMG PC, Chairman of Trustees. In 1988, he launched Crimestoppers in the Metropolitan Police area. Crimestoppers’ ‘call to action’ is built on a three-way partnership between the business community, the police and the media.