Monday 21 December 2015
Crimestoppers and the Association of Convenience Stores (ACS) are offering a reward of up to £10,000 for information on a man responsible for a spate of robberies across Birmingham and the Black Country.
The area has seen a total of 12 robberies committed over an eight month period between 30 March and 26 November at nine different supermarkets and convenience stores, taking place anytime between 7.45pm to 10.30pm. One store was targeted on three separate occasions.
Armed with a weapon
Each incident saw a man armed with a black handgun approach the tills, threaten staff and force them to hand over cash before escaping.
Now the we alongside ACS have offered a reward of up to £10,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible.
Police would like to speak to the two men in these pictures
Association of Convenience Stores chief executive James Lowman said: “Retailers are too often subjected to abuse and threatening behaviour as part of their jobs, which is absolutely unacceptable. We urge anyone with information about the people behind these crimes to come forward and talk to Crimestoppers.”
individual needs to be stopped
Roger Critchell, our Director of Operations, added: “Serial offenders like this need to be stopped before they create anymore distress and fear to innocent shop workers in Birmingham.
“The fact this individual has threatened staff with a weapon indicates he does not care who he harms, so I would ask to stand up for your community and convenience store and contact us anonymously with information on who is responsible.”
If you have any information on this individual please contact us anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through our anonymous online form.
A list of the armed robbery dates and addresses:
- 30 March −Howley Grange Road, Halesowen between 9.10pm and 9.16pm
- 13 April - Chester Road, Erdington between 9.50pm and 9.56pm
- 8 July - Chester Road, Erdington between 8.28pm and 8.33pm.
- 23 July - Edgewood Road, Rednal between 9.50pm and 9.55pm
- 17 August - Howley Grange Road, Halesowen between 9.15pm and 9.29pm
- 7 September - Alvechurch Road, West Heath, Birmingham between 9.55pm and 10pm
- 12 September - High Street, Wollaston, Stourbridge between 10.15pm and 10.24pm
- 21 September - Springfield Road, Walmley, Birmingham between 9.50pm and 9.55pm
- 12 November - Castle Road, Oldbury between 9.30pm and 9.39pm
- 21 November - Highgate Road, Brierley Hill, Dudley between 7.45pm and 7.56pm
- 26 November - Chester Road, Erdington between 7.15pm and 7.20pm
- 26 November - Buffery Road, Dixons Green, Dudley between 8.20pm and 8.32pm