Independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers is today offering a reward of up to £5,000 for information on the robbery of an elderly woman in Essex that saw her assaulted and have money stolen from her.
The break-in happened when three young men forced their way through a first-floor window of a house on Alderney Gardens, Wickford, at 9pm on Bank Holiday Saturday, August 24. They were confronted by the homeowner and then pushed her to the ground before running out with a three-figure sum of cash and her house keys.
The woman was left with a fractured pelvis and her attackers are all described as being young men wearing hoodies.
Crimestoppers is offering the reward of up to £5,000 for information passed to the charity’s 0800 555 111 number that leads to an arrest and conviction of the persons responsible for this crime.
Chairman for Essex’s Crimestoppers committee, Stuart Rawlins, said: “This is a horrible ordeal that this defenceless woman has had to go through and I am disgusted by the actions of these men.
“An independent woman has been left badly shaken and I would urge anyone with information to contact Crimestoppers anonymously – we won’t ask who you are, only who they are.”
If you have any information on this incident please contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through our Anonymous Online Form.
*Note: Rewards will only be payable for information passed to Crimestoppers’ 0800 555 111 number. Information passed to police will not qualify.
For more information please contact Crimestoppers Media Officer Kieran Theivam on 0208 835 3727 or email Kieran.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes to Editors:
- This reward is not to be published by the media after 25th December 2013. Please contact the press office if you wish to do so for latest status of reward
- Crimestoppers is an independent charity which helps the police to solve crimes, making communities safer. It does this by operating the 24/7 telephone number 0800 555 111 which people can ring to pass on information about crimes anonymously. They can also use our Anoynmous Online Form.
- Around 20 people are arrested and charged every day as a result of information given to Crimestoppers.
- Since Crimestoppers began in 1988, it has received over a million actionable calls, resulting in over 124,000 arrests and charges. Over £126 million worth of goods has been recovered and over £301 million worth of drugs has been seized.
- In 2005, Crimestoppers launched the UK’s Most Wanted on its website which allows the public to view images of criminals and pass on vital information about their whereabouts. It has been highly successful with over 2,300 arrests to date.
- Crimestoppers UK was founded by Lord Ashcroft, KCMG, Chairman of Trustees. In 1988, he launched Crimestoppers in the Metropolitan Police area. Crimestoppers’ ‘call to action’ is built on a three-way partnership between the business community, the police and the media.